Why Invest in Colored Gems; How to Top Your Investment!
Gemstones are some of the earth's most exquisite natural treasures that takes millions of years to form. Gemstones have constantly and will always be a desired commodity. A reason why the world demand for fine gemstones far exceeds the supply is because they rare, precious, durable and incredibly beautiful that promises wealth, fortune ownership and a notional gain as well. Even during tough economic times, when the stock market is declining and currency is losing value, the prices of gems continue to rise over time and tend to be a reliable store of value. There are always people willing to purchase gems and today they are purchased to secure private capitals from the devaluation of money itself. Therefore, gemstones are a smart move for you if you have the money to invest. Investors see them as an investment tool which represents a real portfolio diversification and a good return on investment is foreseen.
There are hundreds of kinds of gemstones, but not every gem is an investment stone. The most popular gemstones for investors include the ‘precious’ gemstones. Diamonds, Sapphires, Rubies and Emeralds are the most precious gems. However, other gems like the Alexandrite, Red Spinal, Tsavorite, Tanzanite and other particularly rare varieties can also be considered an excellent investment. Although Diamonds are the most popular gemstone for investors, colored gemstones pack a more powerful financial punch. Colored gems offer an attractive investing opportunity for many and can increase their value in time, even more than Diamonds.
Each gemstone is unique in terms of color tone, shape, size and internal features. Fine gems are distinguished by vivid, intense color, outstanding clarity, and excellent cut, including excellent grades in all 4c’s (Color, Clarity, Carat and Cut). Buy the best gemstone you can afford, always keeping in mind that this is money not spent, but rather invested.
When people hear the word precious stones, people think it is hard to invest in it. It may seem like gemstones are only something for those with deep pockets, but the truth is that anyone can invest in gemstones. With time, patience and knowledge, your investment gems can change your financial situation for the better and they can be handed down from generation to generation without any cost. In the past decade, we have also seen an increase in the number of people around the world including high-end celebrities vouching for the healing properties of gemstones. Perhaps another advantage is that the gemstones are small and easy to move.
What one needs to know?
• Buying from a trusted vendor is the first and important step.
• A fair knowledge of gemstones is a big advantage.
• Unlike gold or platinum, gemstones are not appraised based on weight alone. Gemstones are often priced based on its origin, clarity, cut, carat, color and rarity.
• Gem certifications from leading gemological testing labs can ensure in a big way that one is getting one’s money’s worth.
• If you’re making a gemstone investment for profit, choose a gemstone of top grade or unique value. In a general code of gemstone investments, the heavier the stone, the better the price it will fetch.
• Low-cost commercial grade stones are essentially worthless as they suffer from mediocre color or clarity, and are typically poorly cut, lacking brilliance and fire.